You have meant to look for the best place for a homecoming dress, but before we go ahead and give you guys what you have been looking for. Let us first understand the purpose of Homecoming.
Homecoming is the practice of bringing back former students and participants and celebrating the life of organizations. It is a tradition in many U.S. high schools, universities, and churches, and to Canada.
So what is it?
Every high school has its homestay traditions, and it can mean lots of different things, depending on where you live and which school you attend. It could, quite literally, represent a kind of coming home, a chance for students of your school to visit their stunning old grounds, see old friends, teachers, and the underclass they have left behind.
Expect many younger seniors to return home this year because they didn’t get a proper sendoff in spring due to the coronavirus.
Sometimes coming home includes a parade or a big football match against the rivals of your school. If you’re not a fan of a sport, this might be the only soccer game to be played all year round. Often a home court is crowned with the highly desirable homecoming king and reigning queen for a year over their realm (or perhaps until a prom king and queen come along).
But dance is the main event of every school’s coming back home.m You saw it play in all the best dramas of the high school drama; Pretty Little Liars, Riverdale, Vampire Diaries. Homecoming is a key element in high schools, regardless of how it is celebrated.
In the most traditional format presented in most of the event’s on-screen portrayals, Homecoming is much like dance but more like baby prom.
So what are the best places? Here are the following:
- Princess Polly
- Rent The Runway
Now, these are just some of the best-known places to get your fabulous dresses.
List of Contents
How much should you spend on a homecoming dress?
While a day is always enjoyable to relax and prepare for the Homecoming dance, many students tend to spend hundreds of dollars, styling upward and embellishing for just one night. The costs may be high, however, exciting a night, maybe.
Homecoming, which indicates to be a classy and fun event, seems to be as expensive and above all in some people’s minds because students spend insane sums on costumes, smoking, and other preparations.
The question is, how much money do students spend on what should be simple things?
- Hair– girls who decide to do their hair claim to spend fantastic things anywhere from $30 to $80. Girls that do more exquisite hairstyles will end up spending much more money, according to Prom Girl, than girls that do simple hair techniques.
- Although some girls have their own make-up methods, many girls prefer to do it professionally for this fall event. At places like Nordstrom, the cosmetics sections containing counters from Mac and Bobbi Brown offer full refurbishment of around $50.
- Dresses – Prices can vary greatly in terms of dresses. Depending on where a dress is purchased, girls tend to spend about $50 and about $100 or $200. Not all girls are willing to put so much money on a dress they probably will wear only once.
- Suits – It’s not cheap to find high-quality material for high school kids who want to rent or buy a suit. Suits can generally be rented for between $40 and $100, whereas purchasing a branded suit will cost a bit over $100. These prices seem quite high for an annual event like Homecoming, especially as this is a school event.
- Accessories – While jewelry, purses, corsets, shoes, and other accessories are small, they play an essential role in preparing some students, and costs are rapidly increasing.
In these times, girls tend to rely on professionals to look perfect for large events. It is, therefore, understandable that students want to pay a lot of money for their hair.
This is quite pricey, given that certain facilities offer full hair and make-up for only $40. The idea that make-up alone is more expensive than some dresses seems somewhat ridiculous, but the new standard is to spend a lot on cosmetics.
Most girls spend the majority of their Homecoming budget on clothing. According to some surveys, it is possible and simple to find a perfect homecoming dress on a budget. Although many girls like to follow specific trends, there are plenty of dress options that are not just cute, but cheap.
Acquiring the right pair of shoes is very important for girls and boys, but it can also be quite expensive. The typical men’s leather dress shoes at retail shoe outlets like Famous Footwear typically cost around $100. But for girls, a pair of heels can be between $30 and $80.
In general, considering each aspect of home design’s general cost, it is easy to see how expensive this event can be. The creation of constant trends, be it for hair, make-up, or clothing, can prepare for school dance an expensive experience. However, the excellent pictures and fun dance generally contribute to this seemingly extensive expenditure.
What are the top styles for homecoming dresses?
Returning to school means that Homecoming is just around the corner. Whether you are a senior this year (and your fair share of home and prom dresses have been worn!) or a newbie and it will be your first high school dance, you’ve been in the right place. We have complemented our top dress styles right here.
- Floral Print Dresses– Floral prints are absolute of the moment and for the house. Go out all with an all-over floral printed in a flattering color like rose or lilac; find one in white to show off your summer tan; or go for something like a moody, floral marine printed in fall.
- Metallic clothing — metallic — especially in silver, gold, and rose gold — is another favorite homemade clothing. The trick is to ensure that you pick a color that adds to your skin tone. Look for warm metallics, like gold or warm rose gold, if you have yellow undertones. If you’re smarter, pick silver and cool rose gold.
- V-Neck Dresses – V-necklines are flattering, and a lot of V-neck dresses are available to select. If you want the sleek, sophisticated look with a tailored silhouette and a V-neckline; try skater-like skirts and V-necklines to keep them cheaper, or try more of a cocktail style with a heavier fabric like satin and a flavored skirt.
- Sequins Dresses – we can’t get enough of the dress trend with sequins, and if you feel the same thing, we get good news: there are plenty of home dress choices with sequins! Dress up a bold all-over twin-like blue opal, have an unexpectedly colored retro look like grey, or find a dress that strikes a balance between fun and fancy, with twinks on the fashion and a plain skirt.
- Strappy back dresses – Open-back dresses with several straps are now trendy, and we think it’s the perfect style to try home. A strappy back is easy to wear (not to mention an incredibly low chance of malfunctions in the wardrobe), and the design is ideal for simple dresses with no great adornments – giving you a hoco design which is playful and enjoyable!
Whoa! These are just some of the best of the best styles out there. Well, there could be a lot more on the market. All you have to do is to choose what really suits you!
What are good colors for Homecoming?
Finding the perfect dress isn’t just a flattering style. You want to choose the ideal color to add to your skin color, hair color, eyes, accessories, and sometimes the outfit for your date. These colors rocked the promotional path last year, but they have become the most famous promotional colors of all time this year.
- Blue – Coming in is blue at number one. For several years this classic color has been one of the most popular promotional colors, and it is easy to see why. Thanks to a variety of shades, a blue out there look great for everybody. Its versatility also means that this color quickly rebounds between decades and styles. Go to a classic look? Try something in the Marine. Would you like a more modern style? Go cobalt. Go cobalt. Are you approaching to vintage? You can choose a baby blue or powder blue.
- White – Whether you slip into an astonishing beige gown or hit the dance floor in a daring, bright white prom dress, this color is still one of the most popular prom dress colors. It is partly because of its ability to float between classic glamor and bolder, contemporary styles flawlessly. It combines with black accessories, pops with richer skin tones, and looks great when thrilled with gemstones.
- Red – Red’s going to be a classic forever. It’s sultry, sexy, sophisticated, royal, and utterly awesome. It looks amazing whether your skin tone is porcelain, caramel, or mocha, so it is still one of the most popular colors, year by year. We love the intensity behind this hue – it’s great for a girl looking to stand out!
- Light – You can’t go black wrong. This is a single color that is always elegant and sensual. One of the advantages of a black gown is its ability to hide small imperfections. Black will make your tail look slimmer and your bust bigger depending on its cut and fit.
- Metallics – Why limit the bling to your gems? You may love a metallic dress, such as gold, silver, bronze, or even rose gold. Metallic dresses highlight your figure and help you to stand out with their gorgeous brightness. A gown with metallic elements such as sequins, beading, or a belt can also be found.
- Yellow – For the last few years, yellow has been one of the most popular prom dress colors. While it can be harder to match your hair and skin tone, yellow has returned again and again to the promenade—something fun and fun about this hue.
- Pastels – These feminine colors have made waves in recent years and have proven that they remain here. From light purple and ice-pink to mojito-green and coral red pastels give the classic prom look fun and flirtable touch.
- Nudity – Nude-tone apparel has also been a popular alternative for years. A range of tons, including champagne, eggshell, blush and taupe can be selected. Our designers can help you choose the perfect nude color to complement your skin tone. A nude gown can be elegant and classic or sexy and stylish, depending on your choice.
- Jewel Tones – Slip into joy-toned vests such as Bourgogne, emerald, maritime or deep purple for a more dramatic and elegant presentation. These darker, romantic colors have long been common on the red and prom night tapestries.
The deep hues make every skin tone bright. The easiest way to select the gem that looks best is to adapt it to your skin color. Try navy or cobalt if you have blue eyes. Try a robe with a ruby or merlot if you have hazel or darker-colored skin. Green eyes? Go for a gown of emeralds.
Well, I’d be damn, so many colors to choose from makes my head spin around a bit. Joking aside, when you feel that the color of a dress does not suit you, don’t force yourself. Always look for that one dress that really completes your feeling, not just for yourself but also for the homecoming event.
Such events only happen in certain parts of our lives. So don’t hold back and make the best out of it. Just like the saying goes around, “You Only Live Once.” If that is the case, you might as well go all out and give your best shot at making yourself beautiful even once.
We all have to go through this moment, so why not live it and make a memory to remember by.