When you hear your friends talk about fashion, what comes to mind? Nice looking models walking down the aisle and making a bomb entrance? Or elegant, expensive clothes that you dream of having? It can be, but it does not mean that it’s like that all the time.
Let’s do a quick crash course on what fashion is. Fashion is a way to model but is known as a dress style, a popular trend in women’s clothing. Remember, this does not only focus on women but men as well.
For decades fashion has been a real trend in our lives. At some point, we can classify style as a constant change in our history. Since we fancy it so much to be elegant and stand out in the crowd, we make much effort to create something new.
This has become a tradition for the new generation “Millenials” to continue creating something fresh. Now, considering that around one hundred ninety-five countries worldwide are creating different fashion each day. That makes it hard to cope up with the trend.
So, what is Fashion Killer? It went like this when you bought a designer’s clothing line that you think looks amazing. Then after a month, there is a new fashion that became viral and destroyed your so-called “new fashion.”
That’s how a fashion killer goes around in everybody’s life. For today’s topic, we will be tackling what a fashion killer is. So stop what you are doing, and let’s get right to it.
List of Contents
- What does Killer mean in slang?
- What is Your Definition of Fashion?
- What is the Meaning of the Fashion Statement?
- How Do You Write a Fashion Statement?
- What is the Meaning of High Street Fashion?
- How Do You Write Style Statement?
What does Killer mean in slang?
“Hey, there’s a killer on the loose! Close your doors, and keep an eye out.”
Not that kind of killer that you have in mind! The type of killer I am talking about is how hard it is to cope with things. Not everybody is able to adapt to stuff and make it seamless like a pro.
One word could have much meaning, so when you say “killer,” you gotta have an open mind about it and not jump into a conclusion. Think about a video game that you and your friend are playing, then your buddy creates a cutthroat move that you have never done before, and you say, “that’s a killer move!”
The word “killer” is an animal or someone that kills; that is one thing, based on the vocabulary, but when it comes to the fashion world. Its description changes and its meaning is different, my friend.
When it comes to slang, the word” killer” in the fashion world means as simple as “the fashion today, not the fashion next month.” It is going to be another array of dizzying shows and a wide variety of designs and trends.
These new clothing lines will be killing the past clothing designs and bringing a new breed of apparels into the market.
A never-ending cycle of apparel evolution, I always say.
What is Your Definition of Fashion?
In a given time, place, and environment, clothing is a popular expression of aesthetics, particularly in clothes, sportswear, way of life, apparel, makeup, hairstyle, and body contours.
Still, most people confuse fashion with patterns and clothes. Fashion goes even further; fashion can also be; a common trend, particularly in dress and decorative styles or behavioral manners. Creation and commercialization of modern types of products, in particular apparel and cosmetics.
Any individual can cause a trend. It’s not only about what you’re wearing but the way you’re talking and behaving in that outfit. It is not what you dress, but how you wear it has always been the golden rule. You know, like, you got to walk the talk saying.
We can describe fashion as a purpose to maneuver in the world. Forget style as a trend; think of it as a necessity. Use everything and anything in a fashion choice, and then one could make a stunning outfit that defines one’s personality and one’s life.
It only shows that fashion doesn’t have any limits. But most people use clothing, accessories, and hair to show or hide anything about themselves. You can even use fashion to present yourself and serve as a personality extension.
So, there are around thirty-three fashion styles today. Let us dive into the top ten trendy fashion styles in the industry that is accepted by many.
Top 10 Fashion Styles
- Vintage style – from the word itself, it’s a journey from the past fashion. This consists of styles from the ’20s to the ’70s. A kind of clothing that imitates the previous era and bringing it to life into the modern age.
- Bohemian style – this is the kind of fashion pertains to people who live unconventional. Usually artistic and expressive. Like birds free to soar the skies, they refuse to dress in order and have a wanderer lifestyle.
- Chic style – is being trendy and fashionable. It makes someone look smart and dashing. It relates to being casual but not so casual in such a way.
- Artsy style – this fashion illustrates independence—people who want to make a statement of their own. In not following the traditional way, they make their fashion.
- Sexy style – by showing all the best features of one’s body, this is the kind of fashion that will expose as much skin as possible. Doing this kind of style takes many guts to do, and not all can do this kind of fashion.
- Casual style – be as simple as possible. This is how far it can get by wearing anything that can match your T-shirt and black pants that will also complement your accessories. This is one of the sought out fashion as of today.
- Sophisticated style – this kind of style requires everything to be of the top quality. The kind of clothing worn for this will most likely compliment quality, polished manners, and culture. Using this kind of style will also show that culture and luxury matter most to those who use it.
- Tomboy Style – this style is for those who don’t want to dress like a woman. In simple terms, they will prefer black over pink color. The clothing will usually be baggy and boyish.
- Rocker Style – a leather jacket, ripped jeans, and old school shirts will usually describe this fashion. This fashion is very versatile since it will keep on changing depending on the genre of the music.
- Preppy style – one word to describe this is “geeky,” which will be by the likes of a cute headband and geeky glasses. The geeky look will not seem expensive, but it is not required since this look is not luxurious.
What is the Meaning of the Fashion Statement?
Originally, a fashion statement is used to create or draw attention to a strong fashion culture claim. Fashion is about storytelling using clothes, without using words to describe oneself but the joy of wearing something that gives satisfaction.
The other meaning of this is that you don’t have to be successful as a celebrity to make a fashion statement.
A fashion statement could mean many things in general. It could be a statement of freedom, it can be about personality or even the nature of fashion, like the infamous belly dress of Jennifer Lopez.
No matter your reasons for making a fashion statement, you have to stay true to yourself and your intentions. Never pick clothes that will not reflect the real you despite the kind of fashion that goes. Ensuring your gun is loaded before going to war is the best way to strike a new trend.
Remember that fashion is a never-ending change in style; one can be very creative and even show it in art. To others, fashion represents one’s religion and a means to express their inner being.
How Do You Write a Fashion Statement?
If you are going to write something about yourself, it should define who you are, meaning it will be your own. You must be honest and transparent. Let your “authenticity” define you. Your original fashion will showcase your character.
It will be a burden on your part if you dare to pretend to be someone else or create something that is not you. You will soon face the consequence of pretending to be someone you are not.
To find the right words about yourself, start thinking about adjectives that best describe how you would like others to perceive you in your life and in your fashion style. You could start with friendly, casual, welcoming, formal, powerful, sexy, elegant, etc.
If you have a hard time thinking something about yourself, try asking a friend or a family member. Don’t be shy in doing so since people closest to you are the ones who will be able to provide accurate feedback about you.
What is the Meaning of High Street Fashion?
I know you want to know what this is but let us discuss what high street fashion is. From its name, street fashion, these are clothes that are available in ordinary towns and cities. These are cloth lines that are accessible for purchase rather than being custom-made.
Also, the meaning of “high street fashion” is a used term daily in Britain. To sum it up, “high street” is the main street in a town where all banks and shops have resided. A high street is a leading business and local road in a city.
So what defines high street fashion? It’s more on individualism rather than focusing only on current fashion trends. Using street style means, individuals represent their multiple personalities and use subcultural and crossing styles or trends.
History of High Street Fashion
So what is high street fashion? This is going to be a quick tap on the history of high street fashion. It’s always good to know the origin of something from where it began. High street fashion was born in the Victorian age in the year of 1860s and 70s.
During those times, people were struggling hard to grow food. High street buying referred to as buying food and the necessities until clothing became at the later stages.
How Do You Write Style Statement?
With style statement, you will be able to get more clarity on your style. It aims to get you more on the more transparent side about yourself and your sense of style. It’s more like a compass to make powerful choices, like a map that guides you in getting to where you want to be.
So How To Find Your Style Statement
The main goal is to find two words that best describe who you are, and indeed you. The first word should represent your core, around (80%), while the second word means your creativity (20%).
To find these two words, you have to go through a lot of “question and answer” parts. Some of these questions will be about yourself like:
Sound confused? It should be easy, like asking, what kind of “home” do I have? What kind of “lifestyle” do I have? If you can answer these questions with truth. You will see certain words that keep coming back and again. These are some clues that will guide you.
When it comes to fashion, you need to have that comfortability in choosing your get up. Do not engage in something that you are not sure that will fit your personality and your budget. Yes, for some, fashion is a vital part of their lives, but if that is going to cost you, you might as well forget it.
It would be best if you didn’t jeopardize your financial stability to go with the trend. Fashion can be vital, but what matters is that what you wear will represent who you are. Remember, you don’t need to be popular to establish your style.
Regardless of the cloth line is a designer or high street made, as long as you feel comfortable with what you wear. That’s what matters the most among all others.